BGG@SEA Frequently Asked Questions
Ok, how do I get in on this?
Simply to go the Geek Store and buy the "Stateroom Deposit" item for the category, week, and occupancy you wish to reserve. At some point before April 10th, 2019 you will also need to purchase a "Remainder ### Occupancy" item for that same category. Every reservation must be paid for by purchasing both a "Deposit" item and a "Remainder" item, the latter of which varies based on the number of occupants in the stateroom.
Does just purchasing a cabin allow me to play games in the conference room?
Short Answer: No, anyone who would like to play in the game room/conference room must purchase a GameRoom Badge.
Longer answer: The following lists what you get for what you purchase -
- Dine with other BGG@SEA Group members every night (if desired).
- Welcome Reception, Star Lounge, Day 1, 7:00pm (hot and cold canapés' and open bar)
- Access to overflow gaming space in the Main Dining Room on Days 2, 3, 6 from 7:00am - 4:00pm (sharp).
- Access to BGG@SEA exclusive Group Shore Excursions (details TBD)
- Farewell Reception, Star Lounge, Day 7, 7:00pm (hot and cold canapés' and open bar)
- Commemorative draw-string bag
- Everything listed in BGG@SEA Group Member listing above
- Ability to request one game (via traditional Geeklist) be added into the BGG@SEA Library from the full BGG Library.
- Ability to checkout one game at a time from the BGG@SEA Library and play elsewhere on the ship.
- 24/7 access to the dedicated BGG@SEA gaming space in the Conference Center on Deck Two.
When should I make travel arrangements?
Personally, I'd wait until about 3 months before cruise date, if possible. Life happens and other circumstances may get in the way of you attending or of us running this. So, plan safely.
How can I bring my family of 5+?
Although the larger family suites are already booked, we may have a limited number of adjoining suites and staterooms that inter-connect to each other. Simply purchase two Stateroom Deposit items and in the order comments specify that you'd like your staterooms to be adjoining, and we'll see what we can do.
What games are being brought?
We'll start a GeekList as we get closer to cruising date - This was 2016's: BGG@SEA 2016 Library.
Will there be exhibitors?
We've heard from some "in the biz" that they're interested in supporting this endeavor. Keep an eye on the forums for any further information. We will not have traditional booths or anything, just hopefully some industry folks that want to join us in the fun. Maybe a sponsored on-board or at-port event or something.
What about harassment/conduct/abuse?
BGG Events is dedicated to harassment-free convention experiences for everyone. Our anti-harassment policy can be found at BGG Events Harassment Policy.
Well, as well as it can be applied anyway to BGG@SEA - we can only control the Conference Center space we have booked. We will revoke badges and deny access to that room as necessary but we have no control or concern for anything that happens anywhere else on the ship.